Want to be Published in Fleek Magazine?
Fleek Magazine welcomes submissions from up-and-coming photographers, artists, & more! If accepted, your work could be featured on our website or in the magazine. Please be sure to read the following guidelines thoroughly.
We can only accept photos from the photographer, as they are the copyright holder of the images. If you are a model, makeup artist, hairstylist, or wardrobe stylist interested in being published by MOD, please have the photographer that you work with send us the images. If you are an artist submitting artwork, you certify that you are the original creator of the images and hold the copyrights.
- All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit by attaching the individual low-res files to your email – Please, NO ZIP FILES OR DOWNLOAD LINKS! We will NOT download any files and your story will remain unseen.
- Submissions should be a minimum of 5 images.
- Be sure to include a title for your editorial, along with team & clothing credits (where applicable) – For team credits, list all related agencies & management firms.(e.g. Photographer: John Doe, Model: Jane Doe @ ABC agency, etc.) – For clothing credits, list each article of clothing featured, along with the designer/brand name.
- All credit information should be sent as a Word document or a readable PDF. – Be sure to list them with the corresponding file name, so we know which photo you’re referring to. (e.g. Photo_123: Forever 21 top, Zara heels, etc.)
- Please double-check to make sure all credit information is accurate! Credits will be published exactly as sent. Any errors will not be our responsibility.
- We strongly prefer submissions that either feature inexpensive up-and-coming designer or brand. (Though, we will occasionally make exceptions if the quality of the editorial is strong.) Thrifted & vintage items are more than welcome, too!
- For fashion submissions, DO NOT submit a set of images with models wearing the same look. That does not qualify as a fashion story & will be rejected. Models should wear a variety of hair/makeup looks for beauty submissions, as well.
- Try to include different image types in your editorial. (landscape, portrait, full-length, close-up, etc.)
- Nudity is allowed, however it must be implemented in a tasteful manner.
- Images should not have been published through any other form of print or online media (with the exception of your own promotional tools — your website, blog, portfolio, cards, etc.)
- If we accept your submission, send high-res images & credits in a zip file. (We Transfer are preferred.) For your reference, our page sizes are 8.5″ x 11″ at 300 dpi. Photos MUST be sized accordingly.
Please be patient! We receive a lot of submissions and cannot respond to every email. We only contact photographers/artists whose work we are interested in using.
However, please do not assume just because we follow up to request high-res images, that we will automatically publish your material in the magazine. By submitting to us, you grant us the right to publish your material in the way that we see fit, whether in print or on our website. Furthermore, just because you submit for a particular issue, does not necessarily mean your images will be published in that issue. We will place your submission in whichever issue it fits best, aesthetically.
Fleek Magazine reserves the right to publish all, some, or none of your submitted images for publishing. Although, there are some instances where photos that don’t make it into the magazine are published on our website, we cannot guarantee that your images will be used at all.
If your submission is not selected for publishing, it will likely be for one of the following reasons:
- Your submission did not fully adhere to our guidelines
- The quality and/or style of your images were not right for our magazine, at the time
- Your images did not fit a certain issue’s aesthetic or season
- Your submission was too similar to another story we were planning to use for the issue
- We reached our maximum page count for that particular issue
Our decision to use your images can change at any given time leading to final edit. The editor’s decision is final, so please make sure you’re comfortable with these conditions before submitting.
Fleek Magazine does not pay for submitted content. Any expenses you incur to shoot your editorial are your responsibility. Furthermore, we do not provide complimentary print copies for featured submissions. If your work is chosen for publication in the magazine, you will be able to purchase a copy of the magazine and/or download the full PDF version of the issue in which your work was featured. We can also email your digital files, upon request.
TERMS OF SUBMISSION
By submitting your work, you (the photographer or artist) retain full copyrights of the submitted images, but grant us exclusive publishing rights for a minimum of 12 consecutive months, following the exchange of high resolution images. During this time period, the images supplied through the submission process can only be published for your own promotion – your website, blog, portfolio, cards, etc. If published through any other sources, including social media (Facebook, Twitter, Model Mayhem, Tumblr, etc.) the images should be credited to. After the aforementioned 12-month period, Fleek Magazine will retain non-exclusive publishing, promotion, usage and licensing rights, across all forms of print and online media used in the creation, dissemination, and monetization of Fleek Mag’s content.
Style Spotlight’ Submissions
Attention, Fashionistas: We want to see your style! If you’d like the opportunity to be featured on our website, simply email your best outfit photo to email@example.com with the subject line “Style Spotlight.” Your email should include your name & a brief description of who you are & what you’re wearing. We will send out an e-blast to our date base and even feature you on our social media page to over 30k followers.